keep shooting at the devil.
[html]

table © Alaine
Word Count :: 323 Intended for Izaak; if you don't have time, my dahling, I will give away to someone else! <333 :O Backdated to ~22 September, if that's okay? Also, I am sorry this took so long. ;~;;~;

Autumn seemed to be in full swing in the blink of an eye. The silver-shaded hybrid had begun to notice the trees were turning their flame colors, fiery and brilliant before withering and turning brown, falling to the earth to blanket the ground with a crunchy layer. It made hunting slightly more complex, as added movement was added noise, but Kaena made do as she always had. With ten autumns of practice behind her, she had no excuse otherwise. She had long ago learned that fish were generally stupid creatures, and there was an abundance of them—thus far, she had not met one she did not at least enjoy the taste of. Some had powerful and pungent flavors, but the hybrid actually enjoyed this, though she could not have expected everyone to.

It only took a few moments of waiting by the edge of a still pool in the River Acheron's lazy course through the center of the territory before she had herself a decent meal of three fish. They certainly couldn't hear the crunching of the leaves, and hunting them did not require movement anyway. This was best for the old coyote, who found an annoying ache in her bones with the cold weather. It was not that she could not hunt by the virtue of her strength and skill anymore, it was just that it was too easy to fish for herself and come up with the same results. There was less energy spent hunting, and thus more energy to devote to Inferni and the family. The scarred woman had thus far gone uninterrupted during her fishing, and so she had not had to deal with questions or interrogations about it. To the coyote, it was quite natural—on the old beach, there had been tide pools where ocean fish were sometimes trapped—sometimes very large ones, at that. Any free meal was worth taking, in her opinion. Perhaps it was the scavenger in her.

<style>
.kae-giftalaine {width:380px;border:none;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... tesnow.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom; padding-bottom:165px;background-color:#fdfdfe;}
.kae-giftalaine .inner {text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;color:#8a7384;}
.kae-giftalaine .ooc {color:#d66e6e}
.kae-giftalaine p { text-indent: 25px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px; }
.kae-giftalaine b { color: #d66e6e; }
.kae-giftalaine em { color:#d66e6e; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread