Round about way
[html]

ooc... wc 314

“Merry met, Shawchert. Yes, that would be great. Thank you,” she nodded when he offered to assess her injury. Orin lingered there for a moment, then limped back on one foot and took a seat on the limb that had fallen from the tree a moment before, assuming standing on the foot would not be the best way to have him examine it. She smiled up at him. “It’s really sore, please be careful.” There was worry in her eyes and tone, but she was ready to let him take a look.

When he inquired about how she had gotten into that predicament in the first place, her eyes moved to the hand that still clutched the red-skinned fruit, that one very ripe apple she had climbed all the way up to retrieve. She wasn’t sure if she was still hungry anymore. She should be, the ordeal took a lot out of her, but somehow the hunger pangs had been replaced with a funny, airy, butterfly-like feeling in her stomach. She looked back up to Shawchert and held out the fruit. “Here, I want you to have this. It’s the least I could do for the help. I don’t think I can ever repay you…” She smiled sweetly, genuinely, hoping he would accept the offering.

“I’m usually pretty good in trees, I promise. Well, I can be clumsy a lot of the time, but when I pay attention I’m really quite stealthy. I guess I just lost my focus. I have no idea how I got stuck like that. I was so happy when I caught that branch instead of hitting the ground, until I noticed my foot was stuck too! Ooh, ow!” As though mentioning it reminded her it was hurt, she winced with another pang in her foot. She recovered quickly, trying not to play too injured.

“So, are you from AniWaya?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread