the zen of autumn fishing
[html]

A dozen apologies for the delay. NaNoWriMo kinda ate my November.
Also, I love how awkward and awesome this thread is! XD (wc: 288)

Theodoric acknowledged that he may have over-done the flattery a little bit. The curly-haired coyote was clearly very shy, and by complimenting her he had only increased her embarrassment. And clearly, she was embarrassed: even with fur, a fellow would have to be blind to not see the blush on her cheeks. Retrospectively, an attitude like his coming from a well-liked uncle is one thing; coming from a complete stranger is another. He sighed softly to himself, a half-breath that was barely audible. Here, there were amends to be made. “I apologize if I spoke out of turn, Miss Sanuye. I meant no harm.” He struggled to pronounce the foreign name correctly, but thought he did a passable job. Theodoric only hoped his apology didn’t embarrass her more.

He brightened in an effort of will to shoo the awkward moment away, as one might sweep dust under a rug. “It is a lovely day for fishing, isn’t it?” A rather bland question, but no topic was a safer icebreaker than the discussion of the weather. Theodoric returned his concentration to finding another insect for bait, both for the purpose of renewing his fishing and to give the blushing younger woman a break from the eye contact a conversation generally brings. He filled the silence while he lifted nearby rocks and half-rotted logs, looking for a likely worm. “Have you had any luck fishing? I got a bite, but clumsy me let the fish get away. It was a nice one, and it took my bait, too…” Theodoric’s strongly accented voice trailed off as he located a chubby grub. The insect was unpleasant to look at, but he hoped that to a fish it would look like dinner.

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread