When the words are touched with sorrow
Better. I got new parts in, but come to find out they're the wrong size. So now I have to wait to get a refund for those so that I can get the right size ones this time around! Haha.

[html]

Pilot, startled by the voice, looked up towards the familiar face in bewilderment. Before answering, he looked to his empty hands as if half expecting to see the note slipping from his grip. But no, he had left it behind. He really needed to get a firm stance on reality. At the moment, he was letting himself slip. "Oh, hey Phoenix. No, I was just walking…" Of course he knew that Phoenix was aware that he was lying. It wasn’t hard to tell that the once peppy wolf was now down in the slumps. And who could blame him? The note was a rather unexpected shock to the system.

"How’ve you been feeling?" He asked, clearly trying to coax the conversation in a different direction, primarily with its focus away from him and his soggy cheeks. "The coughing and such lifting at all?" He glanced up at the boulder, but for the most part he let his gaze rest just below where Phoenix was. He didn’t want to stare into his eyes in case he happened to notice that Pilot’s were still a bit wet. Sure, he trusted Phoenix and everything, but at the same time, he didn’t want his mate’s father to say things Pilot didn’t want to hear. Not that he would, but Pilot wasn’t really up for taking any chances.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread