Mighty Paws
[html]

XD Denali is super cute!

She looked up from patting her engorged tummy, and stared at the other pup. Malachi couldn't help but laugh slightly at the question. Her body rolled up and she was on all fours again, and sand flew everyplace as she shook it loose from her start-of-winter coat. "Well, I suppose.." She wasn't all too sure how to answer his question, but it warmed her heart to see the pup's tail wagging happily.

"You don't like the cold, do you Denali?" Mala padded up to the shore, still a little ways away from the pup, and stopped to look at him again. "When you're older, your fur will grow. I don't think it will be as long as mine, though, none of the others in my tribe had fur this long in the winter months," the creature informed. "In fact, they never had fur this long at a--!" She was cut short as she stepped back in shock, for the ocean water lapped on her toes. Malachi took a couple paces backwards.

"Then again... no one I knew slept for most of winter, either.." she mused, unsure if the pup could hear her or that. Malachi was lost in thought again, her honey-colored eyes glazing over. Why did she fall asleep in the winter months? No one ever told her, but for some reason her tribe just knew she'd fall asleep each time it got cold, and she'd wake when the snow melted from the treetops. Malachi snapped herself back into reality, and turned her large head over to the pup. "What're you doing out here by yourself, anyways?" Her voice was laced with curiosity more than it was a demanding question.

<style type="text/css">
.mala3 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.mala3 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#79b05e}
.mala3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#88bf90; letter-spacing:1px; }
.mala3 {margin:0 auto; width:492px; background-color:#005339; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9164/malachitop3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 348px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread