starved down to skin and bone.
[html]

Phew, a bit longer than I thought it'd be. I hope it's okay for me to reply now; if not I can take this out and add it back in later, with extras. Lol. WC: 967

Kesho Maisha

Kesho had travelled alongside Kaena for quite some time, listening to her recount some stories of Inferni's recent past. It was obvious to him that things had changed around here, but it seemed the important things remained-- the clan's objectives and standards. At least, he hoped they did. "Kaena, if the clan is at all still like the way I knew it, at its core, I will embrace it." He eyed her for a moment, then added, "I have enough faith in you to believe that it would be so." Giving her a small smile, he continued ahead, paralleling her footsteps to her right, but still slightly behind. They reached the beach in swift time, the cool, salty breeze whipping through his fur, tousling it into a strangely workable 'do. He watched the femme, always with slight admiration, as she trotted towards the coastline. For a moment, he thought he saw upon her face an urge to jump in. Pretending he didn't see, he turned his head, grinning slightly to himself. It was good to know he wasn't the only one who loved playing in the salty shore. Maybe, but you're the only one stupid enough to do it. You don't even care about how it looks, you imbecile... A voice inside of him growled and he suppressed the urge to return the favor, allowing his mind to be closed once again. Soon, this would become harder to do. Now, though, his resolve was strong and his mind absolutely needed to be kept clear.

The ocherine male listened in silence as Kaena let out her call; a soft, elegant howl that was more of a suggestion than anything else. Kesho bowed his head in reverie, remembering similar moments from many ages since. They had once stood on a beach very similar to this, gathering forces, creating an alliance to be reckoned with. He truly hoped that it was still such, but held extreme faith in Kaena's judgment and ability to enforce. Kesho's ears swerved around, picking up each and every sound around him. It wasn't long before a form emerged from the brush. This large, intimidating male was very clearly high ranking. It was with some shock that Kesho observed him, a canine which appeared strangely wolf-like. A wolf?! They're letting a wolf run this clan?! Oh, no, Kesho. You cannot let that stand...do something!, the voice in his head snarled with an intense rage. It was almost painful to hold this back, and unwillingly a slight wince crossed the male's features. They can run this clan how they see fit! He's not all wolf, that's clear. I'm sure he's...more than capable. It matters not what else is in him, he has wolf blood coursing through he veins. He must be done away with! Kesho became outwardly annoyed and paused for a moment, turning away from the other two in order to collect himself. Get the fuck away from here. You know nothing of this situation. His finality, he hoped, would end this inward battle temporarily. He turned back, apologetically, and inclined his head towards the hulking male ahead of him, tail wagging slightly. Glancing up at his new leader, he noticed his scars and oddly dark fur, regarding it with mere interest outwardly, while inwardly wondering how this male came to be. There was something hauntingly similar between he and Kaena. Something he would have to determine for sure later. This male, it was clear to Kesho, was none to be reckoned with, and despite his questionable heritage was without a doubt a powerful leader. He would easily overpower Kesho himself without a second thought. For now, the rust-colored 'yote uttered nothing but, "I am honored to meet you, sire. The name's Kesho." His pleasure was genuine, not to be betrayed by the doubt cornered off and sectioned somewhere in his mind. It took constant reminding to convince himself to remember that Kaena herself wasn't a completely purebred coyote.

Soon another figure appeared out of the nearby foliage, this one even darker than the leader's, but female, and much smaller in stature. This canine appeared quite young, and seemed very excited to greet Kaena. Kesho nodded a greeting towards her and gave a smile. He recognized her as a hybrid animal as well, but couldn't determine the origin off her odd markings and body shape. Young though she was, she appeared lithe, spirited and spry. More hybrids in this pack? Tch, what has it come to. You don't deserve this betrayal, Kesho., came more inner growls which would be promptly ignored by the bronzed coy.

It was interesting to him how quickly they appeared. Soon after the second strange-looking dog came into the picture, another, even younger looking one bounding towards the group. This one appeared to be more like a coyote than any of the others, save himself. He was shocked to see this young canine ecstatically embrace Kaena, something which he was quite sure she disliked. Immediately this shock was displaced by the notice of a small white creature trotting along with the young lupine which had just appeared. What is that...And why is it following him?, he thought, glancing back and forth, confused, from the white creature to the little hybrid. Surely this was a joke, or some sort of intricate ruse? No matter, though, Kesho tossed aside these odd aspects of this quirky union, replacing upon his visage a look of intense contentment. After all, he did like children; he was quite childish himself sometimes, and maybe being around them would give him an even greater sense of renewed vigor. "Hello, you two. Good to meet you; I'm Kesho...", he voiced solemnly. He waited now, patiently and with a smile, to see if any others would arrive to answer Kaena's resounding call.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.kesho-spiralstair-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread