If the path be beautiful,
[html]

ooc... The queen of jumping to conclusions! WC 473

Her ears folded back in a split second of worry but pricked up again quickly and her grin spread across her long muzzle; she found his overly defensive retort funny. She snorted and pranced around him, her limp finally a bit more present as the initial thrill of the moment ebbed, an sniffed at his fur. “What do you mean, what? You know what!” She buried her nose in his had again, sniffed dramatically, and then sneezed the scent from her nose. Her pink tongue lapped out of her mouth, licking the scent off of her whiskers before she went on. You have been up to something! Or should I say… someone!” She giggled the juvenile laugh that was more appropriate for a teen who was just learning about the… finer aspects of relationships. Then again, in a way, Orin was. Oh, certainly she knew all about romance, thanks to her books, but she seemed to be a late bloomer in that field herself. She glanced over her shoulder at Shawchert, but the glance was incidental, not due to her train of thought.

She waggled her tail, “Check him out, my brother, the stud!” She snickered again and looked back at Niro. “Who is it? Huh? Oh wait, don’t tell me, I can guess…” and her nose went to work, prodding at his fur uninvited, trying to find the familiar points of the scent. She worked for a moment, not having the most refined nose of the pack, before her ears flattened and she backpedaled. She crouched as her brows pursed and she growled her disapproval. Her tail was ruffled and the pink fur down the back of her neck stood rigid.

“Niro! What were you thinking? Ayita, the king’s mate?! Tell me you didn’t!” Her voice was wrought with worry, disapproval, and anxiety. She held still for just a moment before moving behind him and nipping at his tail, all joviality lost. “Come! We’ve got to get you out of here, now. I don’t know what you were thinking. You won’t be safe when Vigilante finds out!”

She bumped herself into Niro, starting to herd him towards the border. Her demeanor had done a complete one-eighty. She was edgy, defensive, and frightened. Her eyes darted from side to side as though she expected some angry pack member to come bursting out of the wilderness at any moment. The Chein Hotel was right there, for gods sakes! Vigil could be right inside… She had to get her brother out of here before he found out! She was all business now, trying to herd Niro forward and urge him towards the borders.

“I know where we can be safe. Maybe Vigil will never know.” She glanced around Niro’s legs at Shawchert. “My friend, can we bring one more? Please? He’s not safe here now.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread