take me before i start to change my mind
[html]

Okay, sorry about that.

The Inferni man did not immediately jump to his feet at the sight of an foreign-smelling, brutally scarred creature hanging over him. Jefferson was impressed; perhaps he stereotyped the generic Inferni creature somewhere in his head, but this one was either different than the rest or had some uncharacteristic, strong streak of patience. As Jefferson figured, most of the clan would have immediately leapt at his throat, and after running the one-eyed idiot from their territory, gone back to Gabriel and tattled. Gabriel, though he was typically mild-mannered when his family wasn't in any immediate danger, might have immediately broken into some nutcase reaction and gone after Jefferson in Phoenix Valley or sent one of his underlings to do the same... ah, but Jefferson was stereotyping. They were a strange bunch, those Inferni folk, and for some reason the analyst Jefferson found the intriguing.

"Maiming people," Jefferson repeated, securing the words. He straightened up and rolled his shoulders, glancing briefly over the dry and warped territory of Inferni. "Even the dumbest creature in this clan can grasp some of the crazy things Inferni has done. You maim people, I maim people, it happens. You lot just do it a hell of a lot more often." He stepped back, then extended his good arm down at the prone Agata to help him up.

"Jefferson. I lead Phoenix Valley." The brute's single green eye glowed as it watched the stranger, curious if he would accept the offered hand gesture, and what his reaction would be if he did not. "I came to check in on Gabriel or Kaena and saw you. Thought you were dead; otherwise I wouldn't have barged in on a place like this."

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#9E8054; font-style: bold; font-size:12px; }
.jefferson {font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f190c; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; width:368px; background-color:#ECD09E; border:1px solid #F5EDD6; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rhands.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:275px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread