take me before i start to change my mind
[html]

He paused mid-step at the request, body stiffened and features like stone. His scars told countless stories, many he could not remember, many he wished he couldn't. A few that lined his neck were from Aurélie when she'd jumped him—and had he known it was she who had given him other scars somewhere on his body from the crime he no longer remembered committing against her that first time, perhaps the male would have just let her rip the rest of his throat apart. The scar of his eye had come from a dead man, the permanent mark on his face that summarized his amnesia. His ripped and tattered arm, slung across his chest as always, from the bitch mother bear. Several other bites and nicks from fights here and there before his collapse on Phoenix Valley borders that first time.

Everything else—including the enormous gashes on across his chest—had origins shrouded in white.

"Ghosts," he sighed. Many of those who had marked him forever had their lives consequently taken by the one-eyed freak—and that counted only for those who trespassed him after the suppression of Maluki. How many lives had the Clouded Tears prince taken? How many more had he simply warped and left to suffer, a worse end than death itself? Maluki, in the end, was a ghost himself—and so was Jefferson, the remnants of what had once been alive.

The Patriarch turned a glowing eye to the Russian, a stony presence in his grim features. "You are a sinner. Inferni is a sinful place." A pause. The eye shifted away. "...but I am the worst sinner of them all."

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean b {color:#6189a6; font-size:12px;}
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread