take me before i start to change my mind
[html]

A brow lifted at the Patriach’s one worded response, and Silas considered this for a moment. He had not really thought about ghosts much, except for when he was a child. The young Russos of Sobirat'sya would sometimes venture to the old skeletal remnants of ships no longer usable, and inside they would claim to find ghosts. Mostly, older pups would just try to scare the younger ones, but Silas still associated the strange, creeping feeling along his spine in those dark places with the possibility of strange, intangible spirits. Still, the boy could not see how ghosts could cause so much damage. The thought was somewhat terrifying, but Silas welcomed the emotion he felt, for it seemed as if lately emotion had been void.

The man turned back so that his one vibrant emerald eye found Silas again and the Russian remained where he was, transfixed. The man’s declaration was one Silas had not expected. Had this been any other time, Silas would have greatly protested. But now, all he could do was stare back at the scarred man with little more than astonishment apparent among his features. Was this true? Was this why his family had not joined with him; why his family had not stayed at all?

The young Russian took a step forward as Jefferson’s focus fell away. "‘ow do ve change?" He asked tentatively, as if this man held the key to recreating the family that the Russo had lost. "Can ve be saved?"

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread