take me before i start to change my mind
[html]

Where to begin? Where did the story of Jefferson, the scarred and terrible idiot that ruled over a land of peace-loving dreamers, begin? Did his tale start back in the realm of Maluki, far before that Maluki became the wicked, insane creature Jefferson had come to know? Back in the days he'd supposedly spent with his mother, Colibri, or when he and his adopted brother, Laruku, had lived blissfully unaware of the actual bloodline division between them, or when they actually got along at all. Laruku had to be dead now. Haku was dead. Colibri was nowhere to be found. As far as he was concerned, Jefferson was the only one left. Could he start there? Could he start by exposing himself as a loner forced into servitude?

Silas didn't need to know the things he'd done. There was no need to burden the young with the problems of the old. The egocentric that he was, Jefferson believed whatever troubled the boy hardly compared to what the cyclops himself had committed in his past. Every scar that marked his body told its own story, most of which he would probably never remember. Most of which he would surely never compensate for, like numbered tallies of his sins etched forever in his skin. Silas didn't need to know that.

"I killed people," he found himself saying, a hiss in his throat, his tongue a viper. "I raped people, and I don't remember any of it." A pause. "I'm not even cursed with the memories."

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean b {color:#6189a6; font-size:12px;}
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread