we're off to never never land
[html]

A flute. Nayru titled her head slightly, studying the wooden creation as the man held it out to her. There was no hesitance in extending her own human-like hands to grasp the instrument, but as the fairy girl brought it to her lips she slowed, despite his encouragement for her to try it. The girl sang and hummed when alone and howling always sounded hauntingly beautiful to her, but she had never imagined making music out of anything other than her own voice. Nor had she ever encountered anyone who did, although she knew it was possible and also likely that someone in the pack did. Glancing towards the male once more she brought it to her lips and blew.

The sound that she made was anything but musical, a disaster of almost-notes and she quickly pulled it away from herself. Looking back to her pack mate she stared wide eyed and embarrassed that she could make such a catastrophe of noise. “I’m sorry, I don’t know how to play.” Turning the flute over in ivory hands once more she smiled sadly, one could not have a natural talent at everything. Holding it back out to him, she offered him back his possession and her own introduction. “I’m Nayru. Are you very new here?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread