[M] - We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
I'm going to be so mad at myself when I wake up in a few hours for work, but I had to reply. <3
[html]

Fingers curled absentmindedly to thumb at the edge of his vest, while his other hand rested unoccupied on his thigh. Though his heart seemed to skip a few beats faster when the princess was in his presence, he also felt strangely calmed with her there. Halo, really, was the only thing that could really make things seem okay right now. That alone made the young Russian cherish her.

Icy gaze studied the burning ruby for a moment, before they brushed over her frame and came to rest on the golden bracelet adorning her small wrist. Had he tried, Silas would not have been able to even express the pure ecstasy he felt by seeing that bracelet there. It had been some time since he had given it to her. Had she not liked it, it could have easily been discarded by now. The sound of her soft words brought his gaze back to hers, but the topic itself was unfamiliar to him. "I ‘aven’t heard of eet before," which was accompanied by the slightest shrug. That wasn’t much of a surprise though, as Silas had never been much of a reader. After all, he had only known English for a little over a year now.

The thought of learning English, of being on the ship with his dad and his sister, threatened to let a frown steal Silas’s expression. However, the Russian fought away the thoughts for now, wanting to only focus on Halo, and the frown had no chance to appear. His father and sister had been the cause of enough grief – it didn’t need to manifest here, when he was finally offered this rare moment of solace. At her further explanation, Silas raised a brow. He wondered what kind of story the book could be about, with such a name as that. He thought about asking her more about it, but the princess had already moved on. It didn’t really matter, though. It’s not like he truthfully cared that much about the book.

Her question caught him slightly off guard, only in the sense that he wasn’t sure how to answer her. He didn’t want Halo to see his grief, and yet he wanted to be honest with her and allow her to know anything about him that she wanted to. The pause was only momentary, but still noticeable. Tentatively, he started, "Okay, I guess." That wasn’t true, he realized, and wished he had thought longer on what to say. "I found out mine fazher and mine seester vent back to Russia," here his gaze left her, not wanting her to notice the visible hurt that had found his features. "I’m alone now," he said in a voice that had fallen in decibels. Though this wasn’t entirely true, he had come to feel that way for the most part. Sure Anatoliy was still around, but things just weren’t the same when Silas knew his family was once again broken up across the world. "But, at least zhey vill be happy," and he was thinking mostly of his sister, whom had never really taken to Nova Scotia as Silas had.

"And you?" Pale eyes found hers again, and the warmth from the ruby instantly wormed its way into his chest, seeking to destroy that ever present weight. "How ees zhe child?" He hoped he would not make her uncomfortable by bringing up Itachi, but just in the same way he felt the need to protect her, Silas wanted to make sure her son was alright too.

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread