[M] - We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
Big Grin +5
[html]

Her simple response was not unexpected, but he had somewhat expected to hear Halo elaborate more. For a moment, Silas let his pale gaze travel upwards to find the fiery ruby but abandoned them again when it was clear she was not going to say anything else about that. He knew she probably wasn’t at the greatest point in her life – what with having to deal with her undesired son and the undoubtedly horrible knowledge of what had happened to her. He wondered, even though she didn’t know who it was, if she ever had memories come back to her; maybe the perpetrator flashed in her dreams at night. There had to be more to it than just okay, but he would let it go for now.

Her hand remained there, even though their topic had been switched away from Silas’ depressing news of his family’s departure. This simple fact he did not mind and he could not ignore the quickening of his pulse when her touch seemed to grow deeper. And then the words that fell from the Inferni princess’ beautiful face astonished the boy. He had not expected to hear something like that from her, but it was exactly what he wanted. Exactly what he needed. Ice blue found fiery ruby again and then remained locked there for a few moments. There was no way that she could possibly know how amazing she was in his eyes, and Silas would always struggle to find ways to tell her. He would try, though. He promised himself that. He would always try to tell her how much she meant to him, even if she was never actually his.

"Zhat means," everything, "more zhan you vill ever know," he responded then, a smile breaking upon features that were much too sullen for a time like this. In her presence, there was no need for Silas to appear to be sad. He wasn’t sure if what he wanted to say was too much – too overbearing and not what she wanted to hear. There was nothing official between them, no matter Silas’ feelings, and so the way he felt wasn’t entirely justified. Maybe she didn’t want to hear it, but he felt like she needed to know. She said he could talk to her if he needed to. Silas had come to this realization, and she needed to know. "Halo," he started, eyes threatening to fall away from hers, but clinging to the strength to remain there, "you are zhe only reason I ‘ave stayed. Inferni, zhis place, all of eet – eet’s nozhing vith out you zhere."

There was a small breath, before he just decided to share everything that was on his mind. Maybe if he was able to vent it all to someone else, the weight in his chest might dissipate a little. It was worth a shot anyways. Plus, perhaps it would be an excuse to have Halo let her hand linger on him for just awhile longer. "I vas so close vith mine family vhen ve came here, but I left to leeve in Inferni een zhe beginning because eet vas so eentruiging and I vas very young. But zhen, I know eet probably sounds very stupid, but I met you and I just didn’t vant to be avay from you. I could have gone to leeve in Cour des Miracles vith mine family, but it didn’t seem as exciting as living here. But now zhat mine family ees gone, I feel somevhat guilty. Maybe eef I had gone to be vith them more – maybe eef I hadn’t left them alone, zhey vould vant to be here too. I feel like I let zhem down. Zhat zhought kills me. I don’t ever vant to let anyone down."

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread