A crossing of paths, by chance?
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter b {font-weight:bold; color:#724826; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; text-align:left;}
.dawaligifter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#2f1a15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #978b89; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter-border1 {width:438px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter-line1 {width:406px; border-bottom:1px dotted #724826; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Not a problem! I ramble, anyways XD

"Ah, I don't care much for salt water fish." Or, rather, he didn't care much for anything related to salt water. The Chief studied the strangely colored male as he in turn studied the fish offered to him. The red wolf nodded enthusiastically when Ouija expressed approval of its taste, and glanced at the dead beaver when he was offered it. Dawali found it a little strange that the male would kill it only for its pelt, and not for the need of a meal, but he would not insult him by mentioning it. It would be impolite to say such a thing in response to an offer of food, and so the Chief smiled broadly and nodded. "Why, sure! I don't mind a little bit of beaver — I haven't tasted one in ages." He had a different name for beaver as well, but had learned the names they used here for most of the mammals. It just so happened that he rarely discusses fish with anyone, so he didn't know those names. The other offered a bit of backstory, and Dawali raised both eyebrows, quite impressed. He'd swam across the bay? The Chief had traveled along the coast a few times and looked across the water, imagining he could perhaps build a boat someday and test it there, but he would never have thought anyone could swim across. Then again, Dawali was a poor swimmer at best, so his expectations were not very high. "Sometimes you're just lucky, and the first wolves you meet in a new place turn out to be the right kind." It had been like that for Dawali as well, at least in a sense.

"Miss Collins" corrected the male, and Dawali found himself wondering who Shawchert was. Often, names mentioned were names he would have heard before, because he knew the heads of the packs, and their most trusted and immediate helpers and friends. But all of these names were strange to him, and he became very curious indeed. Once realizing that she was in fact a co-leader, he greeted her properly like he would have had he not been so overtaken by his own curiosity. A prolonged nod, or perhaps a short bow of the neck — it could be called many things. "Nice to meet you as well, Skye." He looked behind himself at the camp and where Belle stood safely, knowing that his satchels held nothing of interest except a more fish. "I would have brought you a gift to greet you with, but I did not know of you until today," he said apologetically, quickly grabbing another fish and offering it to Skye before calming a little. Whenever he went on a diplomatic mission, he followed customs, and customs dictated that he should bring a gift. However, this diplomatic mission had found him unprepared, and he attempted to move the subject away from the lack of a gift, so that his awkwardness could leave him. He glanced at them both as he spoke, deep voice sounding quite calm, though if they had known him well, they would have noticed how he was just a little put off. "You have just recently claimed these lands, then?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread