A crossing of paths, by chance?
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; 724 words

Ouija nodded his head as the other spoke. "I suppose it is something of an acquired taste." But then again he has stayed where salt water fish were more readily available than those of the fresh water sort. If you grew up with them then you just sort of became used to them. But then again Ouija wasn't really a picky eater either. If it provided nutrition then he didn't mind munching down on it. Though there were a couple of things that he just didn't like. But for the most part he didn't mind eating most anything. He simply wasn't a fowl sort of guy though. But it was also that which had saved his life, not that he realized such a thing.

While he was more interested in the pelt that didn't mean he wouldn't have eaten the meat. He wasn't the sort to let anything go to waste. He would have been more prone to turn the meat into jerky for later than eat it right off but if someone else wanted it he didn't mind giving it away since he had no plans to eat it right off. It was starting to grow colder and now really wasn't the time to waste any sort of food that one could get. And also it was polite to offer the other something to eat since the other had shared his food with him. Speaking of which, he consumed the rest of the fish that rested upon his leg. He licked at his lips once he was done.

While the conversation continued on around him he worked on skinning the beaver, being careful to not cut away hardly any meat when trying to rid the animal of its hide. The swim really wasn't that bad. Not with the islands dotted between that could be rested upon. And that is just what he had done. He'd swim to a mass of land and rest for a bit before continuing his journey. Even with the rest breaks it was a shorter trip than walking all the way around. "I had said that I would help out and so here I am. I'm just not the sort to leave when I have pledged myself to something." When he said he would do something then he stuck by his word. He committed himself and prided himself on his loyalty. After all it took the death of the cult for him to leave.

"I apologize, you were the one whom had decided where to place the name as well as having carved the name so I simply assumed that you had come up with the name." Sure, Shawchert had been the one to speak first and to lead the way to where the tree was marked but Skye had picked out the tree and placed the name upon it. It was a simple mistake really. After all it wasn't like he had talked to any beforehand to know what was going on. He had just happened upon them really.

He let the question linger, allowing Skye to answer it as he focused his attention on his work. He really did have trouble with just sitting still and not doing anything at all. He took his time with the skinning, not wanting to mess up the pelt since he had plans for it. "Did you want the tail?" He asked with a slight glance up at Dawali. He wanted to know if he should cut the tail off with the skin or if he should leave it attached and simply cut around it. Since he had offered the meat to the other he figured it was only polite to ask what the other male preferred. To him it didn't really matter either way. He could use it or he could not. Whatever way the chief wanted really. There was a small amount of meat in the tail and he had offered the meat. But if it wasn't wanted then Ouija supposed he could use it as part of the doll. And if not then he was certain to find something use for it. Either way he wasn't going to allow it to go to waste. He might play around with his food from time to time but at least he used every part of it when he was done.

<style type="text/css">
.ouija_skull .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.ouija_skull .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#d6480a}
.ouija_skull b {font-weight:bold; color:#f4d181; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ouija_skull {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#45260a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... jiatop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread