A crossing of paths, by chance?
[html]

"I would have brought you a gift to greet you with, but I did not know of you until today." The orange leader then handed Skye a fish, which Skye took happily. "Don't worry," she said. "Shaw and I are still getting to know the surrounding packs, too. And thank you for the fish," she said, feeling lighter because of the gest. She thought that it was good to be polite as she could to the leader; he was, after all, a..well...a leader! And even if she was, too, she only thought it respectful to show him the same amount of respect she'd show him on his own packlands. She didn't want any animosity between her pack and any of the others; it was still quite small, and she doubted it would survive any type of war. Besides, she liked Dawali, and she thought that by the way he spoke and dressed and smelled, his pack must be very nice.

She nodded to Ouija when he apologized, which Skye thought slightly unnecessary; it was a mistake easy to make. She then heard Dawali pose a question; "You have just recently claimed these lands, then?"

"Oh, yes," Skye said. "Perhaps a week and a few days ago or so. But we're trying to grow and recruit new members every day," she added, not wanting to give the impression that Cercatori d'Arte was a weak pack. She wanted friends, true, but she was also proud of her little pack, and ready to give the impression that it was growing each and every day - which it was. It started out as a tiny pack, only five members, and now there were six within only a few days of scent markers and other things. She could imagine that it may one day be as big as the enormous territory of Dahlia de Mai, their close next-door neighbor. She hoped they wouldn't break up during the winter - this winter would be a test of her new pack's endurance and stamina, as well as the member's devotion to the pack.

She glanced at Ouija from the corner of her eye and smiled. She knew he wouldn't give up on the pack; he was one of the founding members, and from the looks of it, one of the most loyal. She knew that he, Shawchert, and her would never let go of Cercatori d'Arte until it was completely gone. And she hoped it never would be.

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread