story book weddin
[html]

Despite his perpetual cowering, Noah was quick to correct the sharp-eyed Patriarch. Jefferson would not admit to being impressed—not that he had any reason to be impressed in the first place, he supposed—and thus the cyclops simply hung his cold gaze on the stranger when he spoke instead. He was introduced as Noah, and although Jefferson had an immensely hard time understanding the wolf through his stuttering, the Patriarch's tattered ears perked instantaneously at the mention of 'Sawtooth.' Son of Deuce.—well, that was to be expected, she certainly got around—and Lucifer. Fantastic. The cyclops thinned his eyes, snorted, and raised his head once more. A bias was set, just like that.

As if set in stone, his head remained menacingly pointed at the cowering wolf, though his eye shifted to its corner to watch Adonia. She introduced the boy more formally (and fortunately so, as Jefferson had hardly comprehended anything else Noah had muttered). "Stand up straight, both of you," he barked, shifting his weight away from his bad leg, which quickly bent up against his shoulder and relaxed. "Noah, is it? You won't cower like that in my presence. Your mother founded his pack and your father was a stubborn hard-ass who'd never bend like that. Get off the ground."

His ear twitched, his eye studied the stranger a few seconds more. He recognized that scent now, though its reek wasn't particularly welcomed. He had never been fond of Lucifer in the least, and Deuce's antics—including leaving an entire pack in the incapable hands of a loner like Jefferson—was far from appreciated as well. As far as Jefferson was concerned, it was as if his past was suddenly trying to surface all over again. "I don't know what's happened to your folks. Lucifer's been gone ages. Last I'd heard of him, he and your mother disappeared to found their own pack without hybrids like me—" he made no effort to suppress the hiss in his voice, "—but either way, Deuce ended up following my half-brother into Dahlia de Mai. She had some half-siblings for you there, but hell if I know their names. I don't know where she's been since."

He snorted once more, then fell back rather suddenly on his haunches and scratched at an ear with his hind leg. "That's all I've got," he muttered, scowling. "Adonia, you should have called." He glanced at her briefly, but hardly looked nor sounded angry about it.

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread