Only a Memory Away
[html]

Wish someone would win the game already so my tables stop getting effed up :| 500+

Shawchert was clearly surprised at how long it had taken her to reach this continent by boat, his blue eyes widening as she gave the account. It had been a horribly long journey, especially for one who had never traveled by sea before. Thankfully she had quickly adjusted to ship life and had not been plagued be seasickness. "It was very long. A voyage to take only if you must." Tsukiko had had little choice. It was either flee or submit to her uncle's providence. The latter of which had been no option at all, as far as she was concerned. "Japan is a wonderful place. I would not have left if I had not needed to." Inadvertently the man was drawing some hints of her past out into the open. Of course the Shimazu was aware of what she said, but she was still careful to stay away from details. She did not wish to revisit all the pain, as she had with Conor.

The multi-talented man continued his song for a bit before he stopped. Tsukiko almost spoke, asking him to please continue, but reigned in her tongue. It would have sounded far too much like begging and she refused to ever stoop to that level. She may have left nearly everything behind but she was no beggar. Now that his lips were no longer occupied he replied to her earlier statement about him. What he said actually had a good point, she surprisingly found. That was one thing she often found herself being these days: bored. When she wasn't brooding over her situation she was usually just sitting around doing nothing. The woman had yet to make any true friends and she honestly wondered if she would ever be able to.

Shawchert's compliment about her smile hit her harder than his other flatteries had. It seemed the most honest of all, the most sincere. She could feel the color seeping into her cheeks again, but thankfully he started to play his flute again so she had something external to focus on. This time though, he began to dance around her. There was nothing particularly elegant about his movements and yet somehow they seemed to fit the tall man perfectly. The corners of her lips lifted even more, despite herself. What was it about this odd man that could so easily make her feel better?

When he stopped his playing and dancing, he asked her about her home, if it were different than here. "It is very different from here." She could think of few other ways that could make it any more different than her homeland. "Japan is more civilized. We do not have these packs, but the country is split up into provinces that are ruled by the noble clans. My family, the Shimazu, is one of these clans." For some reason, she did not hesitate to reveal this fact about her to him. "It is hard to explain all the differences, there are so many. This place seems as if another world to me."

<style type="text/css">
.tsukiautumn b {font-weight:bold; color:#D77204; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #351500; }
.tsukiautumn-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.tsukiautumn p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tsukiautumn {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#BF3A01; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... autumn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020000; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B0000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread