Only a Memory Away
[html]

Ridiculous wait is ridiculous : / Sorry Shaw 300+

Tsukiko was not the type to lay her sob story at someone's feet. It was her burden to bare, and the fewer that knew the whole of her history, the better. She had been raised to keep her troubles and concerns close to her, for if such information fell into the wrong hands it could be irreversibly devastating. A leader had to seem larger than life, had to be more controlled and without weakness. Japan was not in a constant state of war, but the fewer problems one invited, the fewer problems one would have. Shawchert's words were meant as another flattery, she knew, but despite being noble born, she was not so pompous to think that she were the gem of all Japan. She was not the Empress, after all. "There is much more to my home than myself, Shawchert-san. Though I suppose it is kind of you say so."

He did not seem to find the same concerns as she did in the ways the wolves lived their lives here. Though why should he? Even if he were not from here, she supposed things would not be handled very differently anywhere else nearby on this continent. His words did hold some truth to them though. There likely was a structure here, it was just not so easy to spot as she was accustomed to. "I suppose. Things were just much more clear in Japan," she said somewhat wistfully. Though when he spoke of each member having their place and duty, her soft expression nearly faded into a frown. What was her place? What was her duty? Whatever it was, she knew that it would not be pleasing to her own personal sense of honor and duty. What had she gotten herself into? Had she set herself up for embarrassment and degradation?

So making a pack was not easy, according to Shawchert, but it had still been done. How very odd. Tsukiko was a little curious as to how that worked, but kept her questions to herself. "This place is not nearly so populated as Japan. There really is not much land that is not put to use, or already claimed." She had barely seen another soul while she had trekked here from Freetown. It had seemed a land only populated by ghosts. The man tried to give some positive viewpoints, and give her advice on to how to leave her melancholy behind, but it was no so easy. Loosening up was not something a Shimazu did. They were wound tight and polished from their earliest moments of life. "I cannot forget. I may be exiled now, but I will return, and my people will depend on me. Letting go...it is not an option." This was not her new home, it was a necessary evil that she must endure.

<style type="text/css">
.tsukiautumn b {font-weight:bold; color:#D77204; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #351500; }
.tsukiautumn-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.tsukiautumn p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tsukiautumn {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#BF3A01; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... autumn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020000; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B0000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread