~Joining~
Sandy, such a submissive and cowardly dog, felt a little braver now. Her legs were weak, her eyes were teary and sand filled but she felt brave enough to rise now, though she dipped her head in respect to the strange-looking dog. Her ears stood up now, pricking at any noise as a Coyote's ears would fo, and she began to feel more comfortable around this jackal-looking creature.
"I have been running," began Sandy, her eyes brightening as she uncurled her tail from beneath her, "looking for a new home. I have came upon territory I am not supposed to be in, for you see, I am a wanderer, but I wish not to be."
She felt hesitation creeping into her voice, and she considered even asking to join the Pack at all. But she had to. To run even more, to avoid death a few more times was likely to be impossible. She had never been as strong as her Father, or as quick as her Mother, and she didnt even look like them at all. Their fur was more a darkish orange, and their eyes deep green while she was the colour os sand, with yellowish amber eyes. She was shorter, not as big as her parents, and she wasn't the best hunter there could be. She always messed up. To survive, Sandy had fed off Carcasses, ad that barely kept her strong enough to journey even farther.
Finally, she blurted out the question that had been hanging in her mind for almost this entire conversation:
"Can I join your pack?"

Messages In This Thread