let the sun shine
[html]
OOC:535 words

IC:

Mornings were supposed to be a great time of day. The sun rises and tells you that it's time to get up. If you listen, then all the little animals are outside doing the same thing you are doing, and you can terrify them all by just getting close to them. If you don't listen to the sun and stay in your warm sleeping spot, then you get the great feeling of falling asleep again. Ascher somehow mixed these two up and ended up with a morning that resembled neither of his preferred realities. So, how did I end up outside? was the first question Ascher had to come to grips with. He remembered going to sleep last night in his room, and not having anything eventful wake him up, or even a temperature change to let the young wolf know that he just might be sleeping outside.

All Ascher knew was that he had gone to bed inside, but woke up outside. On a tree branch.

For the life of him, the young Stormbringer could not remember how to climb up a tree, let alone down one. Oddly enough, life was quite odd when viewed from above, and a lot farther away. What was more were the birds and bugs that seemed to hang around at this height, as well. Granted, there were only a couple at this time of year, but the sun had gotten some creatures to wake the heavily sleeping wolf with their morning noises. That had resulted in a near fall down to the very far away ground, but thankfully bark on trees made for a great grip. Now it was just a matter of finding out how to get off of a tree. Scary thought.

To put a time crunch on this, Ascher's pondering was interrupted. But wait... "Saul? SAUL! I-I'll be right there!" When brothers call, brothers answer. But answering and being present were two separate things. Ascher whimpered just a small amount, barely a whisper really, but he started to try climbing down the trunk of his still mysterious sleeping home from last night. A paw at the edge of the branch, a paw on the trunk itself... no, no, no. That won't do. Ascher turned around and repeated his previous method, thinking it was completely different now. Unfortunately he slipped off of his trusty, traction-filled branch and scraped against the trunk for purchase before.

Thud. "Ow." The stormbringer youth winced his way up to a standing position and started ambling towards his brother's location, which was just a few dozen yards away. How did I sleep outside, right in the front yard, and no one even heard me? Ascher had no idea how he had managed his sleep climbing stunt, but its importance faded as his rump told him it was stupid to get off a tree backwards.

The door to the house was open, which meant Saul was probably in there right now. "Now I get to go inside, why couldn't I have just stayed there? Ascher muttered under his breath as he padded inside and did his best to not feel any pain on his backside. "Morning, Saul. What's up... er, what's going on?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread