let the sun shine
[html]

hunker down and write time. Word Count: 331

Getting lessons in hunting was going to be an amazing thing, indeed. Ascher had very little skill in getting his own food, and anything that let him have more dinner would be worth doing in his book. And perhaps he would be pestering his other brother for fishing and fire expertise. If ever Ascher was to be alone in the wilderness, like Saul had had to be and Shiloh could still be, he would hate himself for not having the skills his brothers did.

Gideon's question actually caught Ascher completely off guard. He had not really immersed himself into daily life in Dahlia very well - keeping to himself and trying his best to not get in anyone's way had been his routine for really no reason. Ascher felt at home in Dahlia, but he had not warmed up to enough people to make it feel like he was a part of the community. He would definitely be changing that; he needed to pull his own weight and learn a skill. Or a trade, if there was even a difference. But Ascher's brother's question remained: What did Ascher do very well? The young wolf contemplated his rabbit on the fire. All he could think of was a huge blank. But he remembered the smell of the herb on that rabbit, and the fact that similar herbs could be used to help sick people. Taking that idea, Ascher blurted out, "I think I'll be a doctor person. I like the herbs I used to cook with, and since they have so many more uses, I think that getting to know them better would be a great thing to do."

The youngest Stormbringer male felt rather apprehensive at the thought of divulging such a sudden and new interest, but he started feeling more confident in it as he considered his brothers and their talents. If they could do that, then Ascher could do this. He was almost certain he was certain about that.

[/html]

~ Table by James ~

Messages In This Thread