let the sun shine
[html]

I am comfortable with ending the thread whenever. I think we know what the "future" holds for everybody Smile Word Count: 338

Gideon's remark was only barely registered on Ascher's ears as the youngster's confidence withered and died amongst his wilting expression. Where before he had thought to pursue an herb extraordinaire lifestyle and help people in all sorts of ways, now he felt like he had stepped all over his big brother's dream. Saul was most definitely suited to healing all sorts of injuries and diseases - he had "accomplished" written all over him. But with the slightly hurt expression Saul wore now, well, that could not be an accomplished healer. Ascher knew what he had to do.

Taking a small bite of rabbit, the young Stormbringer made a slow, silent show of enjoying his seasoned food, which was not difficult at all, considering it did taste delicious, and thereafter looked directly at Saul. By this time, Gideon's statement had processed through Ascher's head, and helped his little idea hopefully bear fruit: ”Gideon's right. A healing team is always a great team. But I like this cooking idea, too, and I'll keep going after it. You would make an awesome healer, and we all know it. I would love to back you up, if you ever need me, but whenever someone gets sick, I bet they'd feel better calling for Saul Stormbringer over Ascher Stormbringer. They'd call me over you for a tasty meal, though!”

Ascher laughed a soft laugh and softly poked his brother in the ribs with a clawed finger. Then he winked at Gideon and gave him an equally playful jibe, ”I could make the food you'd catch smell better and then people would actually eat it! But as far as puppies go... I don't think I can handle any until I'm done being one. Hope that's soon." Ascher accentuated his point by tossing a spare sprig of rosemary at Gideon while doing his best to look childish and silly. Inside, he was biting at his claws, hoping that Saul would feel more sure of his path. Ascher would never step on his brothers' toes, never.

[/html]
~ Table by James ~

Messages In This Thread