Quote the Raven Nevermore
[html]

ooc;; its fine deary! It was a lovely post!

Saul Stormbringer
The first noise that came from the grey male was one that Saul had not expected. He laughed and at once the timber wolf was enflamed. Saul was vividly reminded of his trip to the outer skirts of Dahlia, closer in the Ethereal Eclipse region than Dahlia. The pale female who had laughed at him for his brave attempts at defending his territory. The scowl was too slow to form however and the male's gruff voice stilled him. Green eyes were momentarily distracted by the blacksmith's fiddling with intrusments and objects on a desk before his ears took over and his brain concentrated on the words. What he was saying made sense, but at the same time Saul was confused. Surely the male could understand, could see, that Saul was not seeking this knowledge for power or control over any other creature. He wanted to learn this so that he could protect. However, Saul swallowed his automatic response and thought through it. The blacksmith might have been telling him that despite his intentions right now, the knowledge would still be there if he ever decided to use it for unhonourable things. He didnt need to think about whether he would chose the right path- Saul didnt intend to use these skills on anyone other than an attacker. He nodded softly, green eyes hardening in his resolve.

"I am prepared to chose the right path"

He stated simply and though his voice shook slightly, the determination on the young mans face might be enough for his sceptical teacher to believe him. Trying hard not to take a step back as the blacmsith strode towards him, Saul held his ground with a pounding heart. He usually avoided conflict at any cost and this fact might mean he never had to use the skills he would be taught. But to leave himself so vulnerable and weak was not responsible of the male and therefore he was here. The green eyed male didnt even think about resisting as the dagger was taken from him and inspected by the gruff man and the male held his breath to see whether he would comment on the dagger itself. He didnt and instead spoke more about the knowledge he seemed unwilling to hand over. He was talking about his own experiances and Saul now understoof completely what the male had meant about paths. It seemed the blacksmith had not been so straight on his and did not want it to happen to anyone else. The caution with which the grey male clutched the knowledge to his chest now made sense and Saul felt his frustration at the mysterious nature of this creature fade away. He seemed to have good reason to be unwilling to teach.

"I understand. And I am willing to do whatever it takes, including killing another."

He reassured and altough he knew he had already spoken these words Saul felt as though he were saying them for the first time. With understanding came reservations but he pushed them aside and followed the male deeper. The place seemed to be a labirynth and Saul had lost sight of the door and his way out. However, the words that followed made his stomach flip and a small, humble smile to grace his lips. The male would teach him. But not now, it appeared. Saul could live with that, he was a patient creature and it almost excited him to be given the opportunity to help out the pack. He might even learn how to use metal to make things, if the male would let him. Doors seemed to be opening all around him and despite him having come her to learn to fight his heart felt better for learning a new trade such as metal work. His tail flashed softly back and forward as he gave an eager nod.

"I would love to assist you here- thank you for the opportunity. Would you like me to come here every day to help out or just once or twice a week? I don't mind, I like working... Thank you Mr--?"

His words gushed out like they hadnt before and the young male snapped his mouth shut when he realised he had nothing to call the grey male. He hoped the blacksmith would fill in this gap in knowledge, if not he would refer to the male as Sir. In his mind, his routine was shifting nicely- he would still rise and bathe before taking his morning run, but he would return through Wolfville instead and come help out in the shop. He would be learning and training at the same time, which was a bonus. He couldnt believe his luck at the moment and a smile spread across his cheeks at the thought. He was growing up, although was it too fast? He didnt care.

word count;; 808

"speech"

<style>
.saultable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.saultable-01-b {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.saultable-01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.saultable-01 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }

.saultable-02 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saultable-02-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.saultable-02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.saultable-02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread