Quote the Raven Nevermore
[html]

ooc;; <333

Saul Stormbringer
The males name was given and Saul was pleased that the gap in his knowledge had been filled. Saluce was the blacksmith's name. When the gruff male went to confirm that his name was Saul, the young man simply nodded as confirmation. He'd already given his own name so he needn't comment on the fact that Saluce was checking. Green eyes watched as expert hands weighed his dagger, noting how Saluce balanced it on his fingers and how it tipped towards one side. It was an interesting thing to do and Saul noted how his own dagger fell backward on the hilt side. He began to speak, and Saul smiled at the memory his words gave. Standing in Gideon's bedroom, waiting to set off on an adventure. His brother tell him about the dagger.

"My brother gave it to me... My father gave it to him before."

He interjected and although the information was totally useless Saul couldnt help but feel proud of his families dagger. He didnt have much time to think about this however as his own dagger and another were thrust into each of his hands. He was told to tell the difference. At once he thought he couldnt do it. His natural instinct was 'I can't'. However, he didnt think Saluce was going to take 'I can't' or 'I don't know how' as an excuse. He held them both lightly in each hand, noticing how both of them weighed roughly the same amount. Neither was noticeably heavier than the other. They appear to be roughly the same length as well. He thought back to what Saluce had said about purpose and tried to finger weighing thing. A smile crossed his lips as his own dagger tipped backward on the hilt, while the borrowed knife tipped forward.

"I would guess that this one is for slashing, not stabbing. All the weight it on the blade..."

He stated, not at all sure if he was right. Before he had time to see if he was right or not, he glanced down and noticed the two swords on the desk. Slipping his own dagger into the waistband of his cut offs and placing the borrowed dagger on the desk, Saul picked up the swords. There was a more obvious difference in these two- one was shord and stocky, the other was longer, slightly curved and elegant. But Saul already knew that Saluce was not looking for visual differences in the blades. He tried the balancing technique again but he was lost when he almost dropped one of them. Words began to distract him and he gave up after a moment, holding both swords by the hilt in each hand.

"I'm afraid I don't know the differences between these two... aside from obvious visual differences."

Was his only response to his teachers words about peacetime and knowing your opponant. Then again, there wasnt all that much he could say about it, it wasn't a question he could answer. So instead he waited for Saluce to point out what was different between these two swords that he couldnt guess.

word count;; 518

"speech"

<style>
.saultable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.saultable-01-b {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.saultable-01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.saultable-01 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }

.saultable-02 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saultable-02-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.saultable-02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.saultable-02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread