keepers of the doorway between worlds
[html]

mr. shawchert menue!

Because of his mother, Oak was very familiar with the names of the plants and trees that grew all around them. He even knew a little bit about how they functioned, though that was a hard concept for him to understand. Plants were so different from the creatures that could move. The latter depended on other living things to survive, yet the trees took all they required from the sun and weather alone. The little boy was in awe of their existence, still often wondering whether or not the trees had thoughts and feelings just as he did, though his mother had informed him that they worked differently from wolves in that regard too. He respected the plants deeply. Without them, there would be nothing else; they were preceded only by the Sun.

Oak nodded vigorously at the male's information. I knows we do! My mama named me after this kinda tree, he shared exuberantly. Oaks grew big and strong, towering above many other of the tree species. He hoped he would grow into a mighty specimen of wolf just as the oak was a mighty specimen of the trees. Shawchert had an interesting idea about why trees were wonderful things, and Oak agreed. Their usefulness as vantage points was yet another thing to attribute to their magnificence. Yeah, an', an', they give us food, trees and plants. 'Cause, you know, deers eat leaves and bunnies eat grass, an' we eat the deers and bunnies, he explained seriously, aware that Shawchert probably knew already.

The adult spoke again before taking off in leaps around the trunk of the oak tree. The sapling giggled in delight, sensing a chase, and took off after the male. Before we fly dere, though, I'mma swoop down wiff my wings and get you! he shrieked happily.

<style type="text/css">
.oaknov01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9d2ed; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.oaknov01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#47627F; text-align:right;}
.oaknov01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.oaknov01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... knov01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #43545e; padding: 0px 0px 140px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#47627F; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.oaknov01-border1 {width:462px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.oaknov01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #eef6fc; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread