If I wanted silence; I'd whisper.
[html]
My first time playing a pup. EVAR. Big Grin WC:513

Range liked the fall. The many multicoloured leaves puzzled him almost as much as the birds that lurked around Dahila De Mai that he had been seeing less and less of lately. He could also sense a change in the air; the trees were starting to prepare to bare their first brightly coloured winter berries of the season. The pup trotted along the unmarked, twisted trail, chasing a unfamiliar scent. He was almost completely sure that if he traveled to far off that he would end up being scolded, but this was a opportunity he called "To good to pass up."

With his nose put to the cool ground, he was not paying attention to any thing around him. It is safe to say that this carelessness was the reason he ran head first into a tree. To most, this would be considered unfortunate. After all, a big red bump on your head is not found all that attractive. But to Range, this was a breakthrough. As he shook his large head to clear his clouded eye sight, he noticed a small hole near the base of the tree. Though the pup was unaware that the hole could have been taken over by a snake, it was not. He stood up on his wobbly paws and and took a few steps closer, listening for any signs of life. "I am going to eat you!" he said, obviously excited about the meal he was hoping to bring home.

He took a deep breath before shoving his muzzle into the opening. Earthy smells seeped into his nose and the moist soil made a clear ring around his maw as he pushed his face further inside. He could hear the panicky sounds of thudding feet as the rabbit made his way out of the den, giving the pup a strange look before hurrying off in the opposite direction. It didn't take much longer for him to realize that he could no longer hear breathing, or even the faint beating of his prey's heart. "You can't go! Your suppa!" He tried to yank his maw from the burrow, but to his disbelief, the hole seemed to have shrunk. When he tried to get a grip the loose dirt caused his paws to slide. He was stuck.

The pup was in quite the predicament, but resented the idea of calling out for help. He wanted to be able to have his freedom, and this incident would make him look like nothing more then a reckless pup. If he tried to explain that he was trying to catch a meal to share with his family, he would get asked who gave him permission to go out. Then with lowered ears, he'd be scolded when he responded by saying that it was supposed to be a surprise. "If I stay here I would be bad for staying out after dark.." He let out a pup-like sigh and let out a quiet howl, asking for one of his family members to come and rescue him. "No way to win this one.."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread