After many miles
Thanks. I'm not sure how aware the characters in this setting are of human geography... Hope I handled the question all right.

"Well, I don't want to keep you waiting too long, then..." He raised his head slightly to look at her, feeling more confident now that she had spoken and he had heard no aggression in her voice. "I am from a pack from Arizona, so I've seen a lot of different places as I traveled here. You could use a wolf who is good at surviving and navigating long distances."

He grinned as he started to relate his other skills: "I'm also very fast and sneaky. I always caught my brothers by surprise when we played at stalking each other. I also have a very good memory, and I am good at telling stories. People always told me that they liked to listen to me because I act things out so well. They tell me I am very entertaining!"

By this point he was smiling and standing straighter, speaking with greater energy. He was obviously very proud of his memory and dramatic ability, and at the thought of telling stories to this new pack his mind started flashing over all the possibilities. This "tribe" must have so many stories! He couldn't wait to learn them all. After a moment he lowered his head again, feeling slightly embarrassed by his own enthusiasm. He gave her a sheepish look and said, "But, I mean, storytelling is a little silly, I guess... But I do have a good memory, and you could always use an extra wolf on hunts."

Messages In This Thread