After many miles
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Nian is pretty cool Big Grin I like him!

He had more questions for it, it seemed. It had been a while since Ember had been the one to find a wolf at the border, and she was re-familiarizing herself with the process. They weren't bad questions or anything, simply curious ones, and she nodded even as he asked. "Yes. He's the chief, or..as we call him, 'Kalona'. This tribe has many customs that may seem unfamiliar to you at first...but it's a real good place to live and when you've got no one else it's always there for ya." That was the way that she saw it. When she and Tayui had joined, she hadn't had anything other than her own two paws to offer the tribe.

"I am a Danua Ihesdi, a warrior. I guess it's your own personal decision what path you want to take, but I kind of felt like...it was always somethin' I ought to do. I got into lots of fights when I was younger...and always got beat. So I decided no one was gonna beat me any more." Since then, she had trained and become much stronger. She felt secure with her sword at her side and with the knowledge inside her skull. She knew how to use the weapon well.

Ember shook her head dismissively when he apologized. "No need ta apologize..It's nice ta talk sometimes. New wolves and all. Sometimes I get into a rut and keep to myself more than I need to, anyway. We haven't had many reasons to fight here lately...we had a strange wolf at our borders that had done some bad things...But Dawali took care of 'im. Sometimes the coyotes up north cause some trouble, too, I've heard, but never with us."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread