The Antlered One
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: X3

Her answer seemed fair enough. The mask was rather cool, but Caillen liked her face better without it - She had beautiful eyes, and such fair features. The youth didn't want to seem prudent, though, so he kept the thought to himself. If Sepirah liked her masquerade, then he did too. After she placed the mask aside and snuggled back into their strange half-embrace, however, the dark princess asked him a question that through the wandering prince offguard. Sky-blue eyes widened slightly, and he peered down at her quickly, as if to ask where such an inquiry had come from. But she was watching him with her pretty golden eyes, so the young male swallowed hesitantly, and thought about the question for a moment before replying.

"I dinnae... I dinnae know." He lifted one hand to rub pensively at his face, and for just a moment revealed how truly troubled and weary he was by recent events. There were dark shadows growing beneath his eyes, the sparkling blue depths of which were shadowed and disturbed. "I mean, yes, with you, but... But there is..." He sighed, not knowing how to explain to her when he couldn't understand it himself. After a moment, the wolfdog rested his chin on the top of her head, which was leaning against his shoulder. He took a deep breath.

"There is something I have tae do, Sepirah, and it's not a good thing. There is a mess I have tae clean up, and a wrong that I have tae put right." The arm wrapped about her tightened slightly, as if the thought of leaving this strange haven distressed him. His other hand, that which had rubbed his face, now toyed with the sharp antler-tips of the antlers that lay beside him in the dirt. "I dinnae know... If I'm strong enough tae do it." His accented voice was disconcerted, and it sounded sad. He paused for a moment, distractedly drawing imaginary patterns in the black fur of her arm with the hand wrapped about her. "D'you think, if I came back here... D'you think we could see each-other again?"

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread