just like you this time shall pass
[html]
Another post each, and I'd say we're about done? If anyone wants a follow up thread please PM me.

He looked at them, studying their reactions. A faint twinkle of amusement danced in his eyes as the youngest Lykoi offspring spoke, one arrogant, the other concerned. How like Baneesh, how like Molochai. Both gone; one dead, the other who knew where. They would learn to understand and accept the bitter truth of the world. Nothing stayed forever. “Andre, until you can hunt for yourself, you will have to rely on others. If you choose not to live at our home, I cannot guarantee your safety.” No child could last the winter alone.

“I don’t know where she went. I don’t know why. She said nothing, and left me nothing to suggest she would return.” He paused, feeling a cold wind cut through his fur. Gabriel debated for a moment on the issue of his mother’s madness and whether or not it was this that drove her away; and if not that, perhaps the fact she had hidden something from all of them forever. Perhaps she had gone off to die. “Hybrid,” he said suddenly, looking to the younger male. “When news of Kaena’s departure reaches outsiders, I do not doubt we will see some of our enemies at the door. You have my authority to deal with trespassers as you see fit, provided you do not react without just cause.” It felt like he was signing death sentences even as he spoke. “This goes for all of our adult members,” he added, casting a glance to Faolin. “Be sure that they are aware of it.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread