Alone at last- wait, what?
[html]

Sky in her Optime Form.
Open for anyone to join.

+3 Points (300+ Post)
+5 Points (AW Thread Created)

Alone? Oh yes, she'd checked twelve times now and Sky was very much alone. She was just outside the town, or was it a village? The little hybrid had been exploring, and about half way along, she'd suddenly been sprung with inspiration and excitement. It had come out of nowhere, seemingly, and now she had secluded herself to a pair of trees just between the stores and residential district, where she hoped no one would find her. Another check, making it thirteen times checked, and she was sure she was alone. With a flick of her tail, and a shiver of her torso, Sky prepared her nerves and voice. Her optime form was perfect for this.

And then, she began singing. Beautiful notes rang out first in a vocal that simply sent shivers through the air. What a familiar song, too.

"Can... anybody... find me... somebody to... love..?

Ohhh, ohh!

Each morning I get up I die a little

Can barely stand on my feet

Take a look in the mirror and cry

Lord what you're doing to me

I have spent all my years believing you

But I just can't get no relief, Lord!

Somebody, somebody

Can anybody find me somebody to love?
"

Of course the song just wasn't right without the motions her body moved in with it. Her weight shifted, arms leading her into a sort of graceful jerking movement that was echoed by the flow of her long light brown hair. A spin here, never missing a beat, never flat on a note, and always on key as if the music were really playing in the background. Her hips swayed and bumped with her mind's music, and of course her singing continued on.

"I work hard every day of my life

I work till I ache in my bones

At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -

I get down on my knees

And I start to pray

Till the tears run down from my eyes

Lord - somebody - somebody

Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

Everyday - I try and I try and I try -

But everybody wants to put me down

They say I'm goin' crazy

They say I got a lot of water in my brain

I got no common sense

I got nobody left to believe

Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
"

Hopefully and with any luck, this pause where Sky simply dances in leaping swirls, twirls and the occasional purposeful tumble, someone could come across the amusing or stunning scene? See down there? That's where it would happen. Yeah. That's right. I'm breaking the fourth wall, bitches.

<style>
.skysong p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.skysong b {font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.skysong-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 20px; padding:2px; width:280px; height:230px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.8; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #68332f;}
.skysong {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwspc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2F180E; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:0px solid #68332f; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #6E4B35; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread