Hunting
[html]
:3. 5 points.

Bangle was just a little too stunned to even realize, or care, that the fox did not like being dropped then picked right back up again. It probably wasn't a fun feeling at all. This day must have been a wild one for the little Foxtail, which was the nickname that Bangle was going to use with this little fellow, despite whatever other name it had.

Wait a minute.. why should he care if the fox could speak? It had a beautiful pelt, and yes he wanted to add it to his collection, so why should it matter if creatures could speak? Presently, he shook his head, the bones and beads in his hair making noise in response as he did so. "Of course I can speak idiot. Don't worry your little head, you ain't going crazy." There it was again! The coywolf wasn't going crazy after all! This fox spoke, and his tone was irritable. "Well y'don't have t'be rude about it, feller." Of course, if someone asked Bangle if he were as small as a fox, and being caught, he probably would've responded in the same manner this fox did.

The male seemed to be lost in thought, idly holding the fox by his tail. "I would very much appreciate being let down," he heard. Bangle blinked, then focused on the fox who looked at him straight in the eyes. "On, righ', righ'." He said, with a tone that sounded a little like defeat, as he put his other free hand under the fox to level him, let go of his tail, then set him.. it.. back on the ground. Damn, he really wanted that tail, too.

Bangle remained kneeling, unsure if the fox was going to stay where Bangle set him down or if he was going to run for dear life up the nearest tree. Then the coywolf remembered that the fox asked him a question, and he split the air with his famous laugh. "Hah! Guess ya got a point, Foxtail. But I learned long 'go t'pay more attention ta' my surroundings, even when sleepin'." Bangle twisted his body a bit sideways to the fox, showing the three cougar marks that still scarred his thigh, the last of the marks ending where his leg becomes his rump. As proof to himself of his own mistake, Bangle outlined the marks with a blue dye of sorts. He patted the marks, and grinned, looking to the creature.

Turning back towards the creature, he then let one knee rest on the leaf-littered ground. "So what's yer story, Foxtail? How can you.. uh.. speak wolf?" It was still unbelievable to him. He didn't believe any creature could speak 'wolf', or rather, high speech as some others knew it as. It made the coywolf wonder briefly how many other creatures could do that. And yet he didn't want to know, for furs and skulls he made a living out of. Sure, a lot of what he crafted was already dead, but sometimes he had to do the job himself.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread