i hope you are dead (i'm already digging)
[html]

Word Count :: 398 hi so, I have not gotten a whole carpload of sleep, and this post may suffer for that, I sorry :o

Some logical part of Eris was deathly afraid that this venture would explode, as had everything else in her life thus far. She had been ridiculously content, enabled to laziness and haughtiness, and utterly happy a year ago. Eterne had been good to her, but as the rumors began to grow too loud for even her to ignore, things turned sour, and that life was over and done with. The speed with which it had ended honestly shocked the chartreuse-eyed woman; she did not recall the months of interim. The time between being torn from her comfortable throne and set loose in the desert was blank, a hole in her memory. Eris did not know or realize this, of course.

She had never lived with wolves before, outside of coyote society. What if this was intensely different? As far as she knew, this pack was one of strangers. They would settle on this far end of the mountain. Eris would have preferred something more distant -- the far end of the peninsula would have suited her just fine. This was uncomfortably close to her former home, but she would not voice her opinion. Everyone else seemed to like the area just fine, and besides -- Inferni wasn't the type of clan to provoke another pack, as far as Eris had gathered. Gabriel was the only one among that whole bunch with a sane head on his shoulders, and he was the law there.

The sounds of movement had not escaped her notice, but as they drew closer, they forced her attention, and the yellow-green eyes of the woman absently scanned the forest. Anything making such noise wasn't a threat -- clearly, this canine wished for their approach to be heard. Eris did not consider that someone might be so unafraid as to make no effort in keeping silent -- the possibility had not occurred to her. A bone-white figure emerged from the treeline, clutching a thick stick that propped her up after she spoke. One of Eris's sable-shaded ears flicked upward at the voice, and a look of mild surprise emerged on her face. “Don't I feel it,” the woman responded. “You probably don't want to go this way. Inferni and all,” she said, deciding immediately the stranger was worth at least a warning -- so much as noticing her unhappiness was as good as sympathy to Eris.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }