i hope you are dead (i'm already digging)
[html]

Word Count :: 340

“Oh, yes. Still, too bad for you, should you come out looking too much like a wolf,” the woman said. She still believed her mother's problem with her was her father's wolfishness; she failed to take into account that Gabriel was the very same percentage wolf as she herself carried. Knowing what she did about her father now was not the salve she had hoped for -- on the contrary, it did nothing but confuse her further. Such was a name she had never heard before, but readily, she had secretly adopted his name. She did not want her mother's anymore, and that was the important thing.

Had she known Larkspur at all, she should have known this one's name -- maybe he had screamed it on that full moon night, but they had both been too far gone, surfing waves of hallucinogens. She could not clearly recall anything but green eyes from that night, and maybe it was better that way. For their meetings, the sable-shaded woman had never truly sat down and spoke with Larkspur. She knew nothing of his family, of his legacy, of the blood her children would carry. “Yeah. I don't know him too well,” she confessed, ears twisting backward in something like mild shame at this.

There was nothing close to conservative values in Eris, and so she did not find it so disturbing to make children with someone she did not love -- after all, her mother certainly never loved her father. Still, confronted with the closest family Larkspur had, she could not help but feel a distinctive rise of this feeling in her chest. “Sorry,” she muttered, her fingers moving to the dead or dying grass beside her, twirling it absently in her fingers.

At the question, she hesitated and looked toward the woman. “Something else. Started off as a Lykoi, but they never wanted me. I go by Eternity now, I guess,” she admitted, having no idea of the magnitude of such a name, nor any of the legacy behind it.

<style type="text/css">
.eris {width:400px; background-image:url('http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5711/eris0.png'); background-position:top center; background-color:#1B0000; background-repeat:no-repeat; -moz-border-radius: 1em; border-radius: 1em; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 5px 5px #000; -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 5px 5px #000;
box-shadow: 0 0 5px 5px #000; border:2px solid black;}
.eris2 {padding:199px 10px 15px 15px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#770A00; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.eris b {color:#FDA422; font-family:georgia;}
.eris p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread