fired his rifle into the sky
[html]

She was just beginning to show her pregnancy. He worried for her, suddenly, but not for himself and not for her wellbeing. He worried for the children she carried, and what their purpose in the world would be. Misery had chosen him, and he would produce worthy children for her. This was what he believed. He realized, too, that neither of them would be able to survive without his cousin’s pack. Inferni was his enemy.

A genuine smile crossed his face, making it nearly boyish despite the graying muzzle. “I’m glad I found ya.” The wolf dismounted and took a few steps towards her. Only then did he see that she was distressed—had he been more perceptive, he might have realized sooner. “What’s wrong?”

<style>
.larkspur-b02 p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02-text {margin:0px 8px 24px 176px; padding:2px; width:262px; }
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread