fired his rifle into the sky
[html]

His words surprised her -- she did not consider that maybe he actually cared for her. Maybe he didn't; maybe he only cared for the life in her stomach. At the present moment, however, the shade-colored woman decided she did not care. If he only gave a shit about the children she carried, so be it -- she had time to relax, then, and capitalize on his attentions. “You, too,” she said, and maybe she meant it. It was not readily apparent on her face, but then again, she had never been one to gush emotions when she felt them.

“I found out who my daddy is,” she said. “It didn't change anything,” the woman added, disappointment clear on her face. Sable-shaded ears twisted backwards in anger, and something dark crossed her face. Things were supposed to be better now -- at least, she was supposed to feel better. No such change had occurred, not outside of her, not inside of her. Everything was as it always had been, and it had become too much.

<style>
.eris-giftjames { width:400px;border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... /tabby.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:180px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ff7a1f; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.02px; line-height:15px;}
.eris-giftjames .inner {text-align:justify;margin:10px;color:#b72811}
.eris-giftjames b {color:#f8eff2; }
.eris-giftjames p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread