fired his rifle into the sky
[html]
Now I'm wondering if Luperci have bellybuttons? :|

The woman lifted both shade-colored shoulders in a shrug. It was a girlish and silly hope to pin on knowledge -- what good was blood, anyway? Should she also revere her mother's blood, that which undoubtedly flowed in her veins? Should she seek its knowledge? There was legacy there, too, but Eris did not want that legacy. She rejected it with all of herself, just as it had spat her back out.

“Maybe. Then they'd hate me, too,” she said, lip twitching upward in a snarl she could not suppress. Whether she loved these children or not, they were hers. They belonged to her and Larkspur, and whether or not she valued them yet, she would not have them taken away; she would not have them turned against her. The look faded as soon as it appeared, and she ran her hands over her own stomach, lacing her fingers and holding them above her navel. “I won't let them do that,” she said. She knew the clan was not about to come and hunt her down -- good riddance, they would say when they learned.

<style>
.eris-giftjames { width:400px;border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... /tabby.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:180px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ff7a1f; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.02px; line-height:15px;}
.eris-giftjames .inner {text-align:justify;margin:10px;color:#b72811}
.eris-giftjames b {color:#f8eff2; }
.eris-giftjames p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread