no prayer i could say
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Nuki; Yay! Family!; 509 words

Sele had only been told about her sister's older children but had never actually met them. Then again it wasn't as if she was in the area to meet them. She had lived in the old area for a short period of time before having moved on. She had heard tale of her father having gone in a certain direction and had taken off that way. It was from there that she had ended up in the cult where she had lived until its demise. Perhaps it would seem strange to some that someone such as her, such as the happy go lucky little girl that she had been, could fit into and feel safe in place that many relate to dark connotations. But she had started out life with a mother suffering from dementia that had babbled about things there weren't to be seen. After that it had been easy to believe the teachings of the cult. Easy to believe that if she did the things they said to protect herself that she wouldn't suffer as her mother had.

The girl walked on her hands to where she found the male hanging around the outskirts. Some may ask why she didn't just shift and walk on all fours or just crawl instead. Well, crawling hurt her knees and she really lacked talent in shifting. It exhausted her and took her days to recover after a shift. So it really wasn't worth the effort when she still maintained mobility even if it wasn't the same as everyone else. But since when were any of them particularly normal?

Little Juju, that had been following along easily at his mother's pace for she had been moving slowly enough to keep up, darted forward to try and pounce on the other male's tail but ended up tripping over his feet as he moved quicker and stumbled into a roll on the ground. When Sele got close she finally dropped her feet to the ground so that she could sit. She reached out to pick up Juju and place the pup on her lap. She laid the young male onto his back and rubbed at his belly to get him to settle down.

"You are one of Nani's children? How old are you?" Sele kept her distance, allowing the other to keep his space. She was still slightly wary but figured that she could trust him since he was family. If he was Nani's then he had to be okay, right? "Your mother would talk about you. I'm Selene, Nani is my older sister." She smiled a bit, trying to think of something else to say. She felt really awkward introducing herself to family. "I have a son and daughter that look to be about your age. My daughter, Demi, is here but I don't know where my son is. It's been about a month or so since I've seen him." She wasn't sure what else to say. She was trying to make him feel better but she felt like she was failing.

<style type="text/css">
.Selene-Snow01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#310207; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Selene-Snow01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Selene-Snow01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Selene-Snow01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#F9FDFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... e_Snow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread