no prayer i could say
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Nuki; 813 words

She couldn't say that she understood Harlowe's situation exactly. She could never dream of leaving her own children. But that was just her. She didn't get that wandering itch that seemed to inflict the family. Though she knew what it was like to be without a mother, seeing as her own didn't realize she was around most of the time. And well, she had never met her own father before. All of her children no longer had that father figure either. But at least her older children had the tribunal to guide them and act in place of the missing parent but Juju wasn't going to get that. She just had to do the best where they were now and instill the teachings of the tribunal within him.

"Sometimes a person just needs some time alone to figure themselves out. Perhaps she thought that you would be better off without her while she dealt with what she had to deal with. Maybe she thought it would be worse for you if she had stayed and she was the way that she was. There are times that parents worry about losing face in front of their children. That they worry about losing respect and affection because of shortcomings. We are all flawed though it is expected that parents are supposed to be perfect for their children because parents are supposed to lead their children by example." Sele knew that she had those worries herself. She had lost her older son already. She had failed to keep track of him and keep him safe and it continued to bother her. She figured that Demi blamed her for it as well. It would only make sense for her too. She was trying to do better with Juju though. She didn't want to make the same mistakes with him. It was why she hardly ever let him out of her sight.

"I'm not sure exactly. But I know Nani was born in the old area in a pack named Chimera. She lived there from what I heard when my mom would speak about the place and my dad. I lived with my mom's family away from here. When I came to look for my dad Chimera had been burned. I mistook Storm for it and had stayed there for a time. Nani was living in Clouded Tears at the time. It is where I first met her. I used to visit her a lot and she would take care of me. She even helped me with some trouble that I had gotten into." She'd rather not explain the trouble though. She didn't want to relive what she had done to her Alpha. How she had to leave. "I left after some time to continue looking for my father. I ended up over in New Brunswick and found family to take me in. That is where I saw Nani again. She came to stay there before the tribunal died. Then we all left and came here." It was a brief history lesson with plenty of gaps in it. But she told what she knew without going into too much detail. "You should find a time when your mom isn't busy and talk to her. You have some catching up to do." She encouraged him with a smile. She knew that when she was feeling conflicted she often turned to Nani to help her out, even if it was only that she needed someone to listen. She was lucky to have Nani and she knew it.

She took Juju back onto her lap and nodded her head to her daughter's words. She would make sure to get with Demi later and see what the girl wanted. There was the worry in the back of her mind that Demi wanted to tell her that she was leaving as well. That she knew that Sele had been unable to protect Ouija and that she was going to leave before something happened to her as well. That she may even take Juju away as well because she was unfit to be his mother. She had to agree. She just seemed to be bad luck. Happiness always seemed to be fleeting though she tried not to let anyone know that she was anything less than happy.

She noticed Harlowe watching Demi leave. "That is Demi. She is around your age." She explained as she watched the girl walk off as well. "Who is your father? Is he around?" She asked as she glanced back to Harlowe. Perhaps Sele could get Nani back together with Harlowe's father. It might be good for Nani to have that support, as well as Harlowe. Though she had no idea what sort of relationship they might have had. Still, it could get lonely not having that warm body to cuddle with at night. Sele knew that discomfort distinctly.

<style type="text/css">
.Selene-Snow01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#310207; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Selene-Snow01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Selene-Snow01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Selene-Snow01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#F9FDFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... e_Snow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread