Recycled Air
[html]

Do you want to wrap this up soon-ish?

Wc: 676 SoSuWriMo

Perhaps her words had been to harsh, or not harsh enough - but for whatever reason, the meaning didn't appear to get through to Nayru. But at the same time, she wished that at least the gist of what she said got through to the girl; She didn't mistrust Dahlia de Mai simply because of the pack's history, but this was her son she was speaking of, and a mother would do anything for her child - worry needlessly, plunge into battle without a second thought, whatever the situation called for. Ghita was loyal to her son, but also knew that he needed to make his own choices in the world, despite them being many of the same choices that Ghita had made in her past. For she had been captured by the wanderlust early in her life, and caused her family much worry throughout her endeavors. Of course, her family had consisted of solely Amata, Ehno, and Savina, seeing as her father wanted nothing to do with her, much less to be worried over her.

Nodding sagely, she tilted her cranium to the side, mulling over the truth of Nayru's words. "This is true, but I still feel as if I should explain myself to you. If you so desire children later in life, and are blessed to have them, you won't have a choice in worrying for them." Adding a laugh to the end of her sentence, she sent a smile towards Nayru, hoping that she had made even a slight impression on the girl, besides that of being hostile and overly protective of her son. And, heaven forbid, the impression of a crazy mother. Even as it stood, she was the less protective of the two parents - Ghita understanding better than anyone the wanderlust that could grip a young life, and so understood the choices that could be made as a result. But to those who could not sympathize, it would be hard to understand all of Ghita's choices.

Smiling at the girl, she let the tension dissipate from her body's posture, a more relaxed look seeming to melt across her face. "Good! Whenever you wish to stop by, seek me out - most of my pack knows me and will be happy to fetch me." The logistics weren't frequently complicated to sort out, but all the same Ghita wanted the smallest risk of harm to come to her new friend. As she was hopeful that Nayru would provide the same for her. "Have you seen any of the lands? The beaches would have to be my favourite location." While remember caution that she had to employ while talking of her pack's lands, she let a few details slip out here and there. Of course, her love for the beaches stemmed from her love for the ocean that she crossed to reach Canada, seeing as the large body of water never ceased to calm her in times of strife.

While speaking of her youngest pups, a wistful smile painted her face as she remembered that she was not there with them at this time. She did not regret meeting Nayru in the slightest - being glad that the two could meet, in fact - but all the same she wished at times like these that she could split herself into many different clones of herself, being torn between all of the duties that she felt required to fulfill in her life. "Thank you - there are three of them. Tony, Lorenzo, and Fia, and they are all healthy. Healthily rambunctious, I should say." Turning her turquoise gaze down to the book that Nayru offered, she blinked in surprise to see the kind gift for her son. "I certainly can - and thank you. It was a pleasure to meet you today." Before taking the book from Nayru's hold, Ghita lay her ivory fingers on Nayru's, a smile of kindness and peace emanating. "I'm sure he'll love it." The mother stated, moving her hands to the cover of the book to take from her patchwork friend.

<style>
.ghita-y38 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ghita-y38 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ghita-y38 b {color:#FFF2EC; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ghita-y38 {background-color:#F8BC80; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010o ... atable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFF2EC; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#592C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.ghita-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread