cast no shadow
[html]

+3 OOC: I don’t know why but I had a hard time with this one. O.o;

Shawchert smiled keeping his work up as he got the compliment, thinking, it really wasn’t too hard to learn it, just perfecting it was the problem. Not everyone had the skill for it.

Thank you it has come in very useful. Especially when you need a quick present made.

He said, though he always tried to put in a good effort into his own work, there were times where he’d rushed, and Karma had gotten back to him on that instance. He heard the young man’s wish to learn how to carve and this time Shawchert did look up from his work. The sincerity in the wolf’s eyes told Shaw that he was serious, he tapped his knife a few times on the guitar he was making before nodding.

I’m afraid I don’t have an extra knife but I think I can teach you with this one.

He said, making it known he’d teach the young man without saying so directly, his eyes started wandering around the area, there was plenty of wood around. He got up and found a long thick stick and showed it to Saul.

Normally you want some pretty thick branches to be able to get a good enough carving going on, though some do require bigger or smaller pieces depending on how big you want them.

He started pulling the bark off with the knife looking at it to make sure he was doing it right himself.

Start by pulling off the bark, most of the time just getting it off with the knife, try not to get too thick into the wood as you want what you have.

The stick he had was a bit longer than he’d use but it was Sauls new practice toy for now, it didn’t need to be cut. He held the wood and the knife, butt first, to the young man for him to try it.

<style type="text/css">
.Shawfreebeez b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39675; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.Shawfreebeez-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; text-align:center;}
.Shawfreebeez p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Shawfreebeez {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebeez.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cbbe87; padding: 155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Shawfreebeez-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.Shawfreebeez-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #f0efe9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread