Laid to Rest
[html]
Baby I've been here before

I know this room, I've walked this floor

Hanna made her way quietly, reverently through the streets of the human city, headed for a place she'd only heard tell of, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, near the amusement park. She wore her clothes, damp and chilly though they were from the thorough washing she'd given them in the frigid Yawrah, but she only had one of the duo of knives buckled to the belt at her hip, and neither of her satchels were present. The knife was brilliantly clean from the scrubbing done on it as well. Clutched in her hands were two rocks, one dull and suited to her palm, the other sharp but smooth on one end.

She was on her way to desecrate a grave whose stone had long since ceased to bear testimony to the deceased it honored. But the desecration would honor another, so Hanna hoped Luna would look past it. It had been over a year since Hanna had seen her sister, and two of those months had been elapsed in Clouded Tears, where Colibri had lived the longest. The ebony woman had decided it was time to lay her sister to rest, figuratively if not literally, and had chosen this weathered stone accordingly.

Kneeling before it, Hanna clasped her hands for a moment before setting chisel to headstone and carving out the words.

"To my sister Colibri Soul.
I do not know where you are.
I cannot find you.
But you are ever dear to me.
My sister."

By the time she'd finished, tears were streaming uninhibited from the mismatched eyes of the greiving wolfess. As a signature, Hanna withdrew the knife from its sheath at her right hip, held it so it gleamed in the setting sun's light, then proceeded to make cuts in each of the pads on her left hand. She re-sheathed the knife, pressed the palms of her hands together to spread the blood to both hands, then pressed them both to the stone, leaving her calling card on the face, seeping into the words she'd carved in.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread