Written in the Stars
[html]

Good grief, she sounds more like a troubled teenager than a young lady :S

"Better than ever," she replied with a smile. It wasn't a complete lie; Ralla had a principle that one was happy so long as they believed it. Why should outside things get me down? If I want to be happy, I will be. But did that always assuage fears? ...No... She giggled, then, at her Chief's analogy of the stars playing hide-and-seek, before stifling it, thinking it rude. "Chief Dawali, may I ask how AniWaya came to be?" Now that was a random question. Not often did packs question their origins, but Ralla wanted to know the story of the tribe she had found. The explanation she had been given for the Moon Tribe was that it was formed from four packs who had once stood beside the Long Gones, and had evolved with the gift of the moon to worship it and preserve the earth. But she was no longer in the Moon Tribe, and she was no longer of them. She was an AniWayan; she was so sure of it, so set in thinking that. At the same time, she was not of their blood.

"What exactly...makes a tribe member?" During their first meeting and meetings thereafter, Ralla had seen her Chief as wise and good; he was like her father, but not as set in the ways of strictness and battle. In that, she held immense respect for him. "I mean...I know that a lot of us aren't of the same kin, but... I don't know. I told you once about my visions, didn't I, Chief Dawali? They are a special gift of the moon given only to those of the ancient blood in the Moon Tribe. But I'm not a part of the Moon Tribe anymore." The guilt of leaving them all returned, although she kept her eyes locked on the stars. They twinkled as if they were winking, and Ralla thought just how true it was that they played hide-and-seek when the sun came to put them to rest.

That inner conflict was not comforted by her earlier self-counsel that one must feel the part to be true; it only made her doubt the definition of herself more. She had been taught since birth the ways to govern oneself and to give advice to others, but whatever advice she gave, she could never seem to believe it herself. Maybe that's why the moon sent me this way. Maybe it knew that I would've been a weak Shaman for the pack, and so it sent me here... I don't want to be weak for them... Amongst loneliness was the fear of disappointing her pack. Her psyche was not one easily run by self-confidence, although she was bold enough to do certain things. Did she try too hard to please the pack? Not enough?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread