Written in the Stars
[html]

But it's such a pretty post you made <3

The explanation her Chief gave for the creation of AniWaya satisfied her, if not only that it took the form of a story, and so she could let it mull around in her mind to ponder later; such was her memory and penchant for tales. Seven families makes sense... Seven colors of the rainbow; seven virtues and sins, as I was once told as some Jesuit practice... In truth, one would've thought that the copious amounts of stories and songs filling the white wolfess's mind would've left room for little else. And, in a way, it was true. But some things could never be forgotten or pushed out. Her last question had made her turn to her Chief, a look of belief filling her eyes as she looked for the answer to the one she believed much wiser than even the elders in her old pack.

His answer startled her, at first. She blinked in surprise when he gave no answer saying that blood was what mattered, or any answer that she would've expected from someone strictly traditional. But then she admonished herself for not giving Chief Dawali enough credit. He had freely taken her in, hadn't he? And it was true; the amount of newcomers had increased, and she had yet to hear of her Chief denying audience or entrance to any loners or wanderers. His eyes betrayed to the Great Fire, and Ralla followed his gaze; trying to see exactly what he saw, trying to read his complex mind. He delved further into his answer, and her eyes jerked back to his face, even though it was still turned to the fire. Where I feel truly at home...? ...Yes... Ralla thought of her four months in the tribe and everyone she had met. Where she had been limited to immediate family and quiet meetings in the Crescent Moon Pack--strict, cold relations--she had found warmth and companionship in AniWaya that couldn't compare. Loneliness had never seemed so far away as it had when she was with her tribe, and she had felt great bursts of pride in her work and relationships she had built. And did her heart respond as she hoped? The gentle thumping--steady, sure, and warm--that answered her assured it.

She smiled then, even if Chief Dawali didn't see it, she made a grin that she hoped could match the beating in her heart. "Thank you, Chief Dawali." His words had acted as tight bonds to secure the answer in her mind, so that she would never forget. "I feel...much better. I remember first coming here, looking for home. I remember feeling that this was home, the moment I stepped on the land. But somewhere along the way, I began to doubt myself. Hearing you, I see that I shouldn't have." She stepped forward then to stand next to her Chief, and bowed her head low. Chief Dawali could not be her true father, but she saw him as kin; she saw them all as kin. "Thank you for reminding me what makes a wolf a part of the pack and tribe." On the morrow, she would sever her ties to the pack that was...no longer home. In doing so, she would bind herself fully to AniWaya and her kin.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread