Older and Wiser (Rejoining)
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Delwyn's eyes turned upwards as his gaze grew distant. "I traveled far during my absence. Learned many things. For a time I was part of a pack. We moved like nomads, hunting and staying wherever we were welcome and we could eat. As an outsider among outsiders, I was never truly 'one of them'. However I grew close to a female. A wolf named "Dee'ala". She was mate to the pack leader, and we were only friends. It's all either of us wanted.

"The pack leader, however, was cold and jealous. He saw my overtures as ...advances. He challenged me in honorable combat. I am strong, mother, but he had great experience in battle. He tore my chest open like I was a mere squirrel. In desperate need, I shifted to this form" he said, referring to his Secui shape, "And with my strength, bested him in combat. I... I killed him, mother. I killed him in cold blood. He wasn't even Luperci."

Breathing in deeply, Delwyn shook as the memory brought adrenaline surging through his body, "By rights, the pack was mine to lead. But I saw how they looked at me. I was... I'm a monster. I left them behind me. Now I want nothing more than to earn my place among the pack I was born into." He stood coldly. His voice lacked emotion as he told his tale, something he'd noticed in his mother as well.

And then, he smiled again. Sounding cheerful as though nothing had happened, he said in a bright voice, "I am overjoyed to see you again, mother!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread