New horizons and sights for my eyes
[html]

She immediately flattened her ears in response and felt an indignant stirring of anger in her chest. Oh, she had indeed been hunting; just not the kind Attila had thought of. Well, she would be and she did not think of it to be too far of a stretch to say she already had been. It was close enough to the truth and she did not appreciate her son calling her out on this. She would tell him the truth about the previous day when she was good and ready, not when he returned demanding answers from her. All the resentment she had felt during her absence began to bubble up in her chest. His words stung just like her wounds and the cold air certainly didn't help.

"I did," she replied, addressing his second question more, but leaving her response vague enough to satisfy both. "It was no longer my home so I left," she added. She did not realize until after she spoke these words that they were doubly relevant to Attila as well. Perhaps his home was wherever he was; perhaps it was wherever she wasn't. She didn't know enough to even speculate and that made the stinging even worse. She didn't know her son well enough to even guess where he had been or why he had left. She felt too bitter and too angry to even look at him long; she didn't want him to know what she had become.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread