New horizons and sights for my eyes
[html]

She frowned when Attila apologized, in part because she had not expected an apology and in part because she wasn’t sure if she wanted one. He was right, after all, but she had a certain image to preserve even if it meant lying to her son. It was probably better this way after all. She shook her head and tried to smile, but it felt awkward and forced. Even though she could not make herself smile, she still tried to project loving and warmth. Even if she was displeased with him or resented his words, she still loved him and nothing could change that.

“I forgive you,” she replied. Her voice was a little hoarse and it scratched halfway through, but the intent was there.

Attila began to speak and Tayui immediately recoiled slightly in surprise at the mention of Anathema. Oh, she knew all about Anathema. Although she had not yet joined, she would soon have the scent of the pack mingling with the old scent of AniWaya: she had been here a number of times already. Even though he was near Anatheman packlands, she was still surprise to hear he had joined the pack. Was he never going to return home, even if to inform her of this? Again, she felt resentment bubbling up, but she forced it down, nodding in response as he spoke. His response, too, echoed her own sentiments: AniWaya was no longer home, so they had both found a new one. It was probably purely coincidental that they had chosen the same one. Again, she wondered why Phoenix Valley, the other supposed pack of misfits could not satisfy them. She shook her head and shrugged.

“I know a bit about it already. I spoke to Naniko and she showed me the caves too,” she replied. She hoped he did take this as belittling him – she was just trying to connect with him, but she hoped it didn’t sound like she was trying to one-up him. She wasn’t. She tried again: “you know, I used to lead a pack on this same mountain. It was called Shadowed Sun. I could show you the old packlands sometime. If you wanted, of course.” An invitation for reconciliation: she hoped he would take it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread