You begged for forgiveness, but I struck you down
[html]

wc:306

Inwardly, Theodoric heaved a sigh of relief. At least his memory hadn’t been completely faulty. Outwardly, he approached with a smile and a slight bob of the head. “My name’s Theodoric,” he began, his voice thickly accented by Scottish dulcet tones, “I dunno if you remember me, but I lived in Jaded Shadows for a short while, back probably… oh, three years ago now.” He stopped abruptly, not sure how to go on. What could he say? I lived in the same space as you, but you were my alpha and I barely knew you? He had changed so much since then, he was almost grateful for the unfamiliarity. In the same breath, those few months had meant so much to him. He wanted to tell her that, to look back and reminisce on those old times. Even if they hadn’t known each other well, they would have known many of the same canines that once called the mountainside home.

Instead of blundering on to say things he could poorly express, Theodoric fell silent to wait a reply. Standing there he felt like a boy again, awkward and gangly in the presence of a girl he fancied. If he felt unaccountably shy, he was mature enough to hide it fairly well. Still, it was hard not to wear his heart on his sleeve. He hoped so many things, in that moment. He hoped that she looked back kindly on those years spent on the mountain and that she would not think less of him for staying there so briefly. He hoped that she might explain the empty, charred forest that now covered the old territories. If there had been an exodus, he hoped it had not cost any of them too dearly – and new, immediately in his heart of hearts, that certainly hadn’t been the case.

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread